Monday, October 15, 2012

If you had told me two years ago where I would be today... it would have sounded cool I guess. But I wouldn't have believed it. This path just kinda smacked me in the face one morning, and the next morning here I am. I apologize to all the planners and deep thinkers and wise counselors. And I confess that this was not the most carefully thought out idea. I just did it. Just like when I was in high school. You pass over a high bridge with your home boys in the back seat, someone says, "Hey lets jump off," and two minutes later you are shimmying along the ledge with cars honking as they pass by a couple of feet away. I could have been anything. doctor. lawyer. framer. missionary. pastor. None seemed to fit right. And then I saw that bridge, with that cool crystal blue water below. I did a back flip.

Bam. Here I am.

Ooook fine. I prayed about it. Made every attempt to discern the will of God in the dry season I was in. I wasn't quite sure. I wanted nothing other than to be at the center of God's will. Regardless, it was still a sick back flip.

So back to Bam. Here I am. I love the people I am with. I love the path I am on. I don't know all the details about how this will play out, but God continues to teach me and guide me and prove his faithfulness.

Hooyah.

No comments:

Post a Comment