Friday, April 27, 2012

I gave up giving titles to these stupid things... Because it would take too long for a perfectionist like me to figure out the perfect title. Ain't nothing wrong with doing things well, but sometimes I just want to not care so much. Like now. One of the best feelings that I could possibly experience follows a long workout. I don't mean to come off like some jersey shore meathead, so let me try to explain myself. When your body is pushed passed a certain limit, endorphins are released. The effects have been likened to drugs. Common knowledge, right? I worked for 10 hours today. Hauling lumber, hanging drywall, installing a ceiling. Then I went to the gym afterwards. Unfortunately, there were cute girls there so I had to lift extra hard. An hour later I was in my truck, windows down, listening to the Avett Brother. In in that moment I would have died happy. I think life can be like that. Sometimes the highest of highs come after the lowest of lows. After we have been tested, stretched, and refined maybe we wake up truly content? And I don't believe there are any shortcuts or synthetic blends of refinement that taste like candy.

1 comment: