Monday, May 16, 2011

Macho Libre

Apparently, God didn't understand what I meant when I said I was ready to battle. I should have specified... So long as you put a hedge around me God, and protect me from evil. I guess that would have been too easy.

Instead, I decided to get sick the night before I left home. I was delayed going to Tijuana and had to find a place to stay in San Diego for a few days. Had some problems finding a place to say. More arguments with family. Feelings of rejection. Lonliness. I would like to say that the trials have stopped since I arrived in Tijuana... Pshh.

Um God... I think I would like to be an archer in the next battle? Ya know... So I can shoot arrows from a very safe distance and still get in on some action...

The sad part isn't that I must face hardships. The sad part is that something told me the goodness of the Lord couldn't be obtained by those in the midst of trials. I had to take them on alone. More hoops I had to jump through for God.

I went to the Rock church in San Diego where the pastor talked about Jacob wrestling with God. I love that story. During the sermon I felt God asking me, "Why aren't you wrestling with me?" I imagine God wrestling with his kids on the floor, letting them feel His power, and teaching them how to use the power that He graciously bestows on all of them through the Spirit. I bet He loves that.

The Light is not at the end of the tunnel... He lives. His kingdom has come to earth. His Spirit dwells in the hearts of all who follow Him. Therefore, Let's approach His throne in confidence. Maybe even wrestle a bit.

Overall, I have loved being in Tijuana. In particular, hanging out at the orphanage around the corner. Amazing the way children can speak right to your heart. Life is beautiful.

If you are reading this please pray for my health, my spanish, that language would not be a barrier, strength in trials, and courage to proclaim the name of Jesus with my words and actions. Dios te bendiga

2 comments:

  1. Stephen! I miss you! I am praying for you constantly and am so very proud of you. I love your heart! It makes me smile to think of you playing with the sweet kids at the orphanages. I have my usual million-trillion questions about everything else though, and you should email me before that grows to a bajillion. Please? :)
    I love you! ~ Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephen, I'll be praying for you--- I love that you are going out in extreme faith that very few people would be willing to do, and I know that God will bless you beyond your wildest imagination. I have no doubt God is definitely fist-pumpin to your life ;)

    ReplyDelete